Build User Testing into Your Design and Development Cycles
User testing is important to user-centered design, but is often overlooked, or short-changed due to budget, time, and resource constraints. This hands-on workshop on lean user testing teaches you how to design, implement, and analyze lightweight unmoderated tests for projects of all sizes and budgets.
Take This Course If:
- You are interested in adding unmoderated user testing to your IA/UX toolkit
- You want to cost-effectively build user testing into your design and development cycles
Who Is This For?
Anyone who is responsible for designing digital places, and creating and testing hypothesis. Key roles include:
No previous knowledge or experience in user testing is needed.
Upon completion of Lean User Testing: DIY, you will be able to:
- Plan activities, set goals, and create deliverables commonly used during unmoderated user testing
- Apply proven principles for building an effective internal testing team
- Create an unmoderated user test plan
- Write useful, measurable, and relevant test scenarios and tasks
- Understand the importance of recruiting the right test subjects
- Identify and remedy common problems encountered during unmoderated testing
- Extract useful patterns from qualitative and quantitative test data
- Analyze, prioritize, and present findings to improve your site/product
- Replicate and optimize unmoderated testing for multiple iterations
- Understand how to advocate for unmoderated user testing in your organization
- Understand the spectrum between in-house and outsourced user testing
- Find available tools and resources about user testing
We Customize Training to Your Needs
Workshops can be tailored in many ways—including group size, time constraints, budget, desired outcomes, team skill level, learning styles, and product stage. If you don’t see what you are looking for, please contact us to let us know—we’d love to come up with something that best meets your needs.